Substitute W-9S

Request for Student’s Taxpayer Identification Number
(Substitute Form W-9S)


Gordon College must get your correct identifying number to file Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement with the IRS and to furnish a statement to you. For students, this will be your Social Security Number (SSN) or, if you are not eligible to obtain an SSN, your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Form 1098-T contains information about qualified tuition and related expenses which will help to determine whether you or the person who can claim you as a dependent may take either the tuition and fees deduction or claim an education credit to reduce federal income tax. For more information, see IRS Pub. 970, Tax Benefits for Higher Education. Under federal law, you are required to provide the information requested.


Name and address. Enter the name and mailing address of the student as is used by the Social Security Administration and/or the Internal Revenue Services.

Student Name:




Taxpayer’s identifying number. Enter your SSN or ITIN. If you do not have an SSN or ITIN and you have applied for one or you intend to apply for one soon, write “Applied For” in the space provided. If the IRS has deactivated your ITIN, you may still use it on this form. However, you will have to apply to renew your deactivated ITIN when you need to file a tax return. For more information, see the Instructions for Form W-7.

To apply for an ITIN because you are not eligible to get an SSN, use Form W-7. Or, you can go to to view, download, or print Form W-7. Or, you can go to to place an order and have Form W-7 mailed to you within 10 business days.

Taxpayer Identification Number:

Country of Citizenship:


Leave this empty:

Signature arrow
Gordon College
Signature Certificate
Document name: Substitute W-9S
lock iconUnique Document ID: 5824cc6974fbfd5bed9f7963642b0e287cb54b53
Timestamp Audit
September 30, 2019 2:34 pm EDTSubstitute W-9S Uploaded by Sarah Ferguson - IP